How Staples is supporting the 2018 Commonwealth Games as the Official Office and Stationery Supplier
As a corporate responsibility industry leader, we continually look for ways to foster our core pillars being community, environment, diversity and ethics. Our recent partnership with the 2018 Commonwealth Games presents a unique opportunity to engage with the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC), and the Australian community, as they prepare for the biggest event Australia will see this decade. It’s also a way to demonstrate to business owners and corporations how a stationery supplier can support their workplace, no matter the business.
Officially known as the XXI Commonwealth Games, we are proud to announce that Staples has been appointed as the Official Office and Stationery Supplier for the four-yearly event taking place on Queensland’s Gold Coast from April 4 – 15, 2018. As an international multi-sport event, the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games will see members of the Commonwealth compete in a sports program that includes 18 sports (Athletics, Aquatics, Badminton, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Cycling, Gymnastics, Hockey, Lawn Bowls, Netball, Rugby Sevens, Shooting, Squash, Table Tennis, Triathlon, Weightlifting and Wrestling) and 7 Para-Sports (Para-Triathlon, Athletics, Lawn Bowls, Powerlifting, Swimming, Track Cycling, Table Tennis).
On Tuesday, GOLDOC launched ‘1 Year-to-go’ and marked the event with a community celebration in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast where the community had the opportunity to participate in GC2018 sports and meet some of the athletes competing at the Games in a years’ time. It will be the fifth-time Australia has hosted the Commonwealth Games and we are excited to support the Australian Commonwealth Games Team prepare for 11 unforgettable days of world class sporting competition.
How is Staples sponsoring GC2018?
As an Official Supplier to GC2018, Staples have been appointed as the exclusive office and stationery supplier to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC) in the lead up to, during and post event. This means we will be supplying all the business essentials needed to execute an international event that will host 6,600 athlete’s and team officials, 15,000 volunteers, and is expected to attract over 1.5 million spectators.
Why Staples is proud to sponsor and ‘Share the Dream’
Just like every athlete who has a dream to stand on a podium and receive a medal while their flag is raised and their anthem is sung, Staples too shares the dream to be crowned the winning procurement provider in Australia and New Zealand. We too, are committed to sustaining focused training, moving through challenges and periods of self-doubt to realise our strengths and weaknesses so we can meet our goal and share the dream of helping businesses make more happen.
How Staples’ supports GOLDOC’s sustainability values?
In line with GOLDOC’s vision ‘to show leadership in sustainability by delivering GC2018 to international standards of best practice, leaving positive, economic, environmental, social and community legacies’, Staples are proud to be able to support the following priorities:
- Food and Beverage: Our Sustainable Earth by Staples range that includes more than 250 eco-conscious products made from recycled materials, including cups, plates, cutlery and stationery will help GOLDOC provide sustainable food and beverage options and reduce food packaging waste.
- Sustainable Procurement: Our best-in-class supply chain with sustainable design principles will ensure that GOLDOC can responsibly engage Staples as a stationery supplier and enhance the sustainability performance of the event through sustainable sourcing and materials selection. With 13 local competition venues and a further 4 venues engaged in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville – Staples national distribution network is easily able to provide local distribution to all sites with orders available for next day delivery in metro locations.
- Waste: Our waste management programs include providing 100% Australian-made paper and ink cartridge collection programs that reduce waste to landfill and support GOLDOC to adopt the Waste and Recovery Hierarchy (avoid, reduce, reuse, recover, dispose).
As the Official Office and Stationery Supplier for GC2018, we are excited to enable the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC) team to logon to our online platform from multiple sites and easily procure business essentials across our Kitchen, Safety, Facilities, Technology, Business Furniture and Print and Marketing Services categories, and help meet their sustainable event goals. Check back for more news on how we are supporting the highly-anticipated event and what competitions and networking opportunities are taking place in your capital city over the next 12 months.
Latest posts by Elese Barrymore (see all)
- How an End-To-End Print and Marketing Service delivers a smooth rebrand and marketing collateral - 05/05/2017
- Tax Time: Smart Strategies and Office Solutions to plan for success - 01/05/2017
- How Staples is supporting the 2018 Commonwealth Games as the Official Office and Stationery Supplier - 07/04/2017