“STAPLES BACK TO SCHOOL WIN AN EPSON PROJECTOR” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents (“Eligible Individuals”) and businesses operating in Australia (“Eligible Businesses”), who have an active account with Staples (www.netxpress.biz) (collectively referred to as “Eligible Entrants”) and have made a Back to School order of $5,000.00 or more by 18/12/2015. To open an account with Staples, Eligible Individuals or an authorised representative on behalf of an Eligible Business can visit www.netxpress.biz and register an online account or by calling Staples on 13 26 44. Individuals under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of, but is not limited to, the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 01/10/2015 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 18/12/2015 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter and receive an entry, Eligible Individuals or an authorised representative on behalf of an Eligible Business, must purchase at least $5,000.00 (including GST) worth of product from Staples online at www.netxpress.biz and complete a short questionnaire, including an answer to the question “What excites you most about BACK TO SCHOOL 2016?” in 25 words or less by 18/12/2015.
6. One (1) automatic entry will be awarded for each Eligible Order purchased during the Promotional Period.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, Eligible Individuals and Eligible Businesses (including an Eligible Individual’s identity, age, place of residence and an Eligible Business’s authorised representative and place of employment) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. In the event an Eligible Product is paid using an Eligible Business’s credit card, or money belonging to an Eligible Business, the Eligible Product will be deemed to have been purchased on behalf of the Eligible Business, and the entry will be awarded to the Eligible Business (and NOT to the authorised representative who made the purchase on behalf of the Eligible Business).
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Individual or authorised representative of an Eligible Business), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Individual or authorised representative.
11. The best 20 entries will be selected by a panel at Staples Australia Pty Limited, 163 O’Riordan Street, Mascot NSW 2020 at 12:00pm AEST on 21/12/2015. The winners will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the selection.
12. Each State will have the following share of the total 20 prizes:
• New South Wales – 6
• Queensland – 4
• Western Australia – 5
• Victoria – 2
• South Australia – 1
• Tasmania – 1
• Northern Territory – 1
If the Promoter considers there is an unsuitable winner in a particular State for any reason, then the Promoter reserves the right not to issue a prize or redistribute the prize in that State.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The best 20 valid entries selected will win a Epson EB-X24 projector valued at $849.00 RRP (including GST).
15. If the winner of the prize is an Eligible Individual and under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
16. If the winner is an Eligible Business the prize will be awarded to the owner or manager of the respective winning Eligible Business (as determined by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion).
17. Subject to the unclaimed prize selection clause, if for any reason the winner does not claim the prize, then the prize will be forfeited.
18. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
19. Total prize pool value is up to $16,980.00 RRP (including GST) as at 07/09/2015.
20. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for cash or any other alternative, unless otherwise specified.
21. A selection for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 21/03/2016 at the same time and place as the original selection, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner(s) if any, will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the selection.
22. Eligible Individuals consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Authorised representatives on behalf of their Eligible Business consent to the Promoter using their Eligible Business’s name and image in the event their Eligible Business is a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) taking of the prize.
27. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winning Eligible Individual or an authorised representative on behalf of a winning Eligible Business must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winning Eligible Individual is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
29. This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
30. The Promoter is Staples Australia Pty Limited (“Staples”) (ABN 94 000 728 398) of 163 O’Riordan Street, Mascot, NSW 2020, telephone1800 268 625.